North Kalimantan Province
- North: Sabah of Malaysia State
- South: Kutai Barat Regency, Kutai Timur, Kutai Kartanegara, Berau of East Kalimantan Province
- East: Sulawesi Sea
- West: Serawak of Malaysia State
Geographical province of North Kalimantan has a very strategic location and favorable, because the area in passing by the shipping lanes that are included in the category of sea lanes Indonesia Region II (ALKI II) are often bypassed by ships sailing from Indonesian Ocean to international shipping lanes include Regions of Malaysia, Philippines, Brunei, Singapore and ASEAN countries, as well as Asia-Pacific countries such as Hong Kong, China, South Korea and Japan.
Administrative area: ± 75467.70 km2, consisting of:
- Bulungan Regency: + 13925.72 km2
- Nunukan Regency: + 13841.90 km2
- Malinau Regency: + 42620.70 km2
- Tana Tidung Regency: + 4828.58 Km2
- Tarakan City: + 250.80 Km2
North Kalimantan province, while the division on 25 October 2012 when the Law No. 20 of 2012 is set to have 38 districts comprising:
- Bulungan Regency: 10 Districts
- Nunukan Regency: 9 Districts
- Malinau Regency: 12 Districts
- Tana Tidung Regency: 3 Districts
- Tarakan City: 4 Districts
Published of Law No. 20 of 2012 the population of North Kalimantan province amounted over 692 163 inhabitants, with a population density of 10 men per km.
North Kalimantan province population is heterogeneous (compound) which consists of various tribes. Broadly population of North Kalimantan province consists of: Bulungan Tribe, Tidung Tribe, Dayak Tribe, Banjar Tribe, Bugis, Javanese, Sundanese, East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, and Chinese.