Baliem Valley Hiking 4D3N
Day 01: Arrival Jayapura – Wamena – Kilise (D)
Upon arrival at Sentani Airport – Papua, meet by us from here you will be dropped directly to another gate for catch the flight depart to Wamena at 10.ooAM or 12.ooAM. Upon arrival at Wamena airport, we will drop you to local restaurant for having a lunch (on your account). If time available after lunch we can visit Jibama Unique market in 20 minutes then from Market directly drop us to Yetni river is direction to Southern Baliem Valley. From here where the trekking begins with all the porters and cook to reach Kilise in approx. 3 hours up and down the little hills. Late afternoon arrive at Kilise village, dinner will be provided by cook and overnight stay at Dani Typical Guest house. (Walk approx.3-4hours)
Day 02: Kilise – Kurima/Yetni River – Wamena (B,L)
Today, we hike down and the trail is steep and could be very sleeper if it is in rainy season. then continue the trekking day back to Kurima with regular path of local people, and cross suspension hanging bridge over Baliem river. We walk at Baliem river bank until Kurima. You may stop at river for re-freshing of your body and take some breaks. Picnic lunch have provided, and late afternoon arrive in Kurima and Yetni then catch the car for drive back to Wamena town in 40 minutes. Dinner will be on your account and overnight stay at hotel (Walk approx. 4-5 hours)
Day 03: Wamena – Jiwika – Wamena (B,L)
After breakfast at the hotel, 40 minute-drive to Jiwika village, walk 20 minutes to the village of Sumpaima to view the 250 years old Mummy. From Sumpaima walk another 10 minutes to the nearby village of Anemoigi to see mock war and dance of traditional local people & You will see how the Dani make fire traditionally, You will see and experience the local culture and have an opportunity to interact with local villagers while you can buy their handicraft as your souvenir. Before return to Wamena you still have chance to visit Waga-Waga village to explore Contilola cave which can be reach 15 minutes by car. Afternoon drive back to Wamena. Dinner will be on your account and overnight at Baliem Pilamo Hotel.
Day 04: Wamena – Jayapura – Next Destinations (B)
You still accompanied by guide, by car transfer in 5 minutes to the airport for catching your flight back to Jayapura at 07:30am and meet by our staff for onward flight to UPG, JKT or Denpasar.
The Program/itinerary is flexible, depend on local conditions, flights, weather, and etc.
Included in the Tour Cost :
– Internal flight: Jayapura – Wamena – Jayapura return (incl.Apt tax)
– All Accommodation in the villages and Town
– Meals as specified in the itinerary
– All Tour & Land Transport
– Airport Transfers
– English-speaking local guide
– Porter and Cook during trekking with its equipment
– Entrance fees to the Villages.
– Mock War & Traditional Dance by Dani People
– Traveling Permit for Papua
Not Included in the Tour Cost :
– Domestic Airfares: Bali/Jakarta – Jayapura and return
– Excess baggage fee on local air carriers
– All Insurance
– Any personal expenses such as laundry bills, phone bills, drinks, etc.
– Tips, Photograph fee for local people in the villages
– Any other expenses not mentioned above.
– Please provide your own Sleeping bags and Mattress
For more info: email@example.com