6D/5N Orangutan and Elephant Tour Gunung Leuser National Park
DAY 01. Arrival Medan – Hotel – City Tour
Arrive at Kuala Namu airport.
Welcome by our driver cum guide upon arrival then transfer to Medan. Medan is Indonesia’s third largest city which comprised of many different ethnic groups, contributing to a wide variety of mouth-watering foods. City tour Medan by visiting Maimoon Palace, the Great Mosque and remaining Dutch colonial building. Overnight stay in Medan.
DAY 02. Medan – Bukit Lawang
In the morning drive to Bukit Lawang the observation point of the Orangutans located in Gunung Leuser National Park through by landscape with vast view of palm oil and rubber plantation. En-route stops at of rubber, oil palm and cacao plantations with some countryside landscape.
DAY 03. Bukit Lawang – Jungle Trekking Gunung Leuser National Park
After breakfast, today you will do the jungle trekking for 6 hours to explore the park. This involves a walk through the jungle to reach the feeding grounds of the Orang Utan. Steep, slopes and dense vegetation will bring you the excitement of the rainforest. In this tropical primary rainforest, you can see the varieties of birds, butterflies, Siamang (long arm apes), different kinds of reptiles. The rest is your own program, you can swim or take a beautiful walk to the local village nearby.
DAY 04. Bukit Lawang – Tangkahan
After breakfast, traverse bumpy roads to reach the small jungle community of Tangkahan. You will be fetched by a local jeep for your off road trip to Tangkahan (approximately 2h to 2 hours 30 minutes) passing through rubber plantations and with beautiful jungle and mountain landscapes at the horizon. Arriving in Tangkahan, you will cross over the Batang River by local raft to the lodge inn. 2 overnight stays in Tangkahan.
DAY 05. Tangkahan – Jungle Trekking with Elephant
After breakfast, you visit the Elephant camp where you can see the Elephant bathing. You can join to wash the Elephants. After that you start trekking with Elephants for 1 hour to explore part of the Leuser National Park. The rest is your own program. You can walk along the bank of the Buluh River, is to see thousand beautiful butterflies by the river, visiting and bathing at the small waterfall in the rainforest close to the river and or swimming in Buluh river itself.
DAY 06. Tangkahan – Medan – Departure
After breakfast, free program at your own. Then drive back to Medan, proceed to the airport for catch your flight to next destination. End of your trip.
– Transportation in comfortable air conditioned car incl. fuel as mentioned in the program
– 5 overnights accommodation in above good medium class hotels based on TWN/DBL/TRIPLE
– Daily breakfast
– Driver, his meals and accommodation costs
– Entrance and parking fees as per program
– Licensed Tour Guide (English/Dutch/French/German/Spanish/Italian Speaking guide) for group of 10 pax – up or depends on demand
– 6 hours wildlife trekking in Bukit Lawang with experience local guide incl. Lunch
– Offroad trip by 4 wheel drive from Bukit Lawang to Tangkahan
– 1 hr Elephant ride in Tangkahan with local guide
Tour Not included
– Personal expenses such as: meals (Lunch & Dinner) for group under 10 pax, drinks, souvenirs, laundry, minibar, etc.
– Air tickets & airport tax
– Donations and tipping driver/tour guide
– Camera fee in Bukit Lawang
– Any optional program
More info: email@example.com