Welcome to the Indonesia Tourism Forum, Where You Can Find Any Information About Indonesia.

Respect Local People While Having Vacation In Indonesia

When one thinks about traveling in the tropics, its only natural that you’d want to pact only shorts, tank tops and sundresses and maybe top it off with a big rim hat. You’d be right to think that way. However, when you travel within Indonesia you should remember that this vast is comprised of many different cultures various local customs.

Dress down for the Beach

In some tourist destinations such as Bali, Manado, Maluku, Flores where Islam is not predominant you can get away with the more common tropics attire i mentioned earlier. So wear the bright yellow sundress with a big straw hat and flip-flops when you wander around Bali. Just keep in mind when visiting temples and other religious sites in Bali you must cover your legs.

Respect Local Culture

Whereas in other cities where the majority of the population in Moslem, such as Padang, Aceh, Makssar, and some areas of Lombok, you might want to dress more conservatively. Don’t wear too shorts and pair them up with a tank top. Opt for something with sleeves and shorts no higher than your knees. If you are visiting a mosque be sure your legs are covered and don’t forget head covers for the ladies. Even though there are not a requirement, the locals will appreciate if you dress accordingly.

Most Indonesians will understand that you are visitor and might not fully grasp the local dress code customs. But as a smart adventurer that you are, you can be sensitive to their culture and adjust your attire.
    Indonesia Welcoming The World

Agree. Most of the tourist who come to Indonesia quite often ignore this. Not all tourists, but some. When you came to Indonesia, respect the culture here. Don't act ignorance and selfish
    Have a great trip in Indonesia!

everyone.The labors day is on the way.So where are you spending your vacation?To go home,to find a part-time job or to travel?how about you ,hugo?I guess you will go out to travel.Am I right?

I recommend the book Maui revealed if you want to research where to stay on the island and what to do while there.

This remind me the situation in Laos. I remembered that in Laos there is a morning ceremony in Luang Prabang called Alms Giving Ceremony. In this ceremony monks from many temples will roam around the city while the people offer them alms and other offerings (could be food). This is a sacred ceremony in Luang Prabang but many foreign visitors really ruin the ceremony due to their ignorance. They often stay too close to the monks and shoot the photos (while in fact you're not allowed to do that) and this is truly a disgrace in the local people's eye.

totally agree. They should be more polite.

Explore magento 2 one page checkout to enhance customers' experience in your e-commerce site