Welcome to the Indonesia Tourism Forum, Where You Can Find Any Information About Indonesia.

Tanjung Uban, One Fine City at Bintan

Tanjung Uban is a town districts in Bintan, Riau Islands Province. The city is also included in Bintan Island which has a sea port for expedition ships and pioneer passenger ships belonging to PT. Pelni. Kota Tanjung Uban is also the access to Batam Island and Singapore. In Tanjung Uban lies an BIIE industrial area in Lobam and BRC tourist areas in Lagoi.

Before 1963, the community of Tanjung Uban use Singapore dollars in transactions, as well as residents of other Riau Islands. Rupiah Riau Islands (KR) becomes the currency of residents after the confrontation with Malaysia Royal before joining the rupiah as the currency of the Republic of Indonesia in 1964. Although the population Tanjung Uban come from various ethnic groups, as shown in their villages named, like Kampung Jawa ( Javanese village) and Kampung Bugis (Bugis Village), but in everyday conversation is always use Malay Islands language.

How to get there
    By bus
    If you are already in Tanjung Pinang, you can take a bus ride from Batu 10 Bus Terminal to Tanjung Uban. This will take two hourse drive by Bus. Besides, you can also take a speedboat from Tanjung Pinang to Lobam Port and then take ojek (motorcycle taxi) to Tanjung Uban. It will save you a lot of time but it will cost you more.

By boat
    Tanjung Uban can be reached from Telaga Punggur sea port (Batam) by speedboat for about 15 minutes. During the monsoon season (October-January), people usually take the slower ferry (locals call it "Ro-Ro") to avoid high wave although it takes about 45-60 minutes trip. The cost for speedboat ride from Tg. Uban - Punggur is about Rp. 30.000-40.000, while the ferry ticket is half of speedboat's ticket.
    Indonesia Welcoming The World

beautiful beach! I wanted to come here very much

Sunshire, your country is so great , thanks for share, I will be come here went I can
    let's go http://4ddraw.com/ and make money with us...!!

beautiful beach! I go to there

Bintan is the wonderful place,map you shared is very helpful,clicks of your trip is explain the beauty of beache.
    same day taj mahal tour by train

Where is the place in this picture, I do not know.

holiday palace

Hello

Tanjung Uban is a town districts in Bintan, Riau Islands Province. The city is also included in Bintan.

Very beautiful beach... I love this.......