Welcome to the Indonesia Tourism Forum, Where You Can Find Any Information About Indonesia.

Majapahit Heritages Travel Guide

Trowulan is one of sub-districts in Mojokerto regency, East Java. This area is located in the western of Mojokerto, bounded with Jombang regency. Trowulan is located between Surabaya-Solo main roads.
    Looking at the historical background, Trowulan has popularly known as one of the remains of Majapahit kingdom, the greatest Empire in past time.

Trowulan is surrounded by some archaelogical sites that covering around 100 square Kilometers. There were so many researches conducted regarding Trowulan’s ancient heritages which all concentrated on monumental remains like, temples, tombs, and bathing places. Fortunately, those researches are widely spread about remain industrial, commercial and religious activity, habitation areas and water supply systems. All of which were the evidences of dense population during the 14th to 15th centuries.

Hence, by those founding, The Ministry of Cultures and Tourism of Indonesia had already submitted Trowulan as UNESCO World Heritage in October 2009.

All proves and facts that have been founded regarding the Trowulan facts are believed based on Mpu Prapanca’s inscriptionn, which is Kakawin Nagarakretagama and Chinese sources in 15 centuries. It said that, Trowulan was defeated on 1478, when Girindrawardhana had successfully beat Kertabumi, and since that time the capital of Majapahit moved to Daha.

The ancient’s city ruins at Trowulan had already been founded in 19th Centuru by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles. He was the governor of Java during 1811 until 1816 and he was an enthusiast person that concern about history. At his founding, he said that there were ruins of temples that scattered for miles, and the region was still in dense of teak forest. Along with his founding, Sir Thomas was amazed by the cultural founding and he said that Trowulan as a pride of Java.

There are numbers of archeological reliecs that discovered in Trowulan now displayed in Trowulan Museum, which is located in west side of Segaran Pool. During times and nature activities make Trowulan’s other heritages still on its excavation. Some of the excavations of the old settlement still lie buried under several meters of mud and volcanic debris, which was a result of eruption of Mount Kelud and the flood of Brantas River. Several archaeological ruins are damaged, while others have its reconstruction. Most of it were constructed in red brick.

Today’s archeological that already be new tourism objects in Trowulan are, short of, about the temples, the pool and tomb. There are famous temples like Candi Tikus, Candi Brahu, Candi Menak Jingga and Segaran pool that sometime being visited by tourists.

Download Majapahit Heritage Mobile Application

I Love Indonesia Food, I Love Indonesia Heritage, I Love Indonesia Culture, I Love everything about Indonesia

I Love Indonesia Food, I Love Indonesia Heritage, I Love Indonesia Culture, I Love everything about Indonesia