Welcome to the Indonesia Tourism Forum, Where You Can Find Any Information About Indonesia.

Baluran National Park - The East Java’s Little Africa

Many people may think that it is Africa – savannah along with its free wild animal. NO, it is not Africa yet it is known as The Little Africa or Africa van Java. Such scene can be found in East Java which is precisely located in Situbondo, though it is nearer to Banyuwangi. Offering the experience like in Africa, Baluran National Park has many tourism spots that you will regret to miss. Luckily, the access to visit this tourist destination is practically easy. Those who’re coming from Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, and Surabaya, do follow the route ahead to Bali and you will find the main gate of Baluran National Park at Situbondo-Banyuwangi street.

Baluran National Park is located in Wonorejo village, Banyuputih – Situbondo. Many scientists come to visit and do their research in this conservation area which they call it as the best place in Indonesia for observing the savanna wildlife. A direct encounter with the endangered Banteng (Bos Javanicus), wild boars, deer, monkey, panther, peacock, and many more seems to be a wild yet exciting experience. Originally, the name of Baluran is taken from a near-mount in this area called Mt. Baluran. Moreover, Baluran National Park is also mentioned as the forest miniature of Indonesia. It is due to the existence of almost all forest type in Indonesia can be found here such as coastal forest on beaches and dunes, tidal forest such as mangrove, wetland, evergreen, and more or less 40% is savanna.

In starting the journey in Baluran National Park, first you will get the very refreshing green view of what so called as the season forest which turn into yellowish in summer. Then for about six to nine kilometers from the entrance gate, you will find the Evergreen. As the name suggested, it is always green with its dense trees. Following the path, the wide-open savannah will greet you with may give you different of vibe based on when you visit: a green and refreshing view during the rainy season and a dry and yellowish view in the summer. Actually, this savannah is the largest savanna in Java Island and it is called as Bekol Savannah. Besides that, a clan of deer is freely live their life and that is when you encounter the African-like setting.

The next is beach time. The wide sea and white sand along the beach look heavenly beautiful. But before that, you can say Hi! to monkey community. Go early in the day and you will witness the sunrise. Adoring the scene, building a castle sand, snorkeling, or canoeing? Your journey is incomplete without enjoying those activities. Have an urge to stay longer and need accommodation? Don’t worry! Bama Beach provides two lodgings within the area. First you can book to Wisma Kapidada with its four bedrooms. Second is Wisma Pilang with only a bedroom but it enables you along with your five friend to comfortably stay in. You may ask for extra bed if you need it. So.. prepare your backpack and go visit Baluran National Park in East Java for creating your-another-escape to refresh your mind.
    Last edited by indonesiatourism; 11-10-2019 at 17:04.
    I Love Indonesia Food, I Love Indonesia Heritage, I Love Indonesia Culture, I Love everything about Indonesia

The Famous Baluran National Park in Situbondo

Last edited by indonesiatourism; 11-10-2019 at 16:38.
    I Love Indonesia Food, I Love Indonesia Heritage, I Love Indonesia Culture, I Love everything about Indonesia

Last edited by indonesiatourism; 11-10-2019 at 16:40.

Tour Activities That We Can Do In Baluran

There are several activities that you can do in this park such as: - Safari Forest - forest adventure - Diving and snorkeling - Mountain hiking and mount climbing - Hill walking - Beach adventure to watch the fishermen's daily activities and seed seekers - Canoeing, rowing or boating until you the Fresh Water Gulf, Sejile Gulf and Bilik Beach.