Welcome to the Indonesia Tourism Forum, Where You Can Find Any Information About Indonesia.

Hybrid View

The Rainforest Leuser Eco System

Gunung Leuser in Aceh and North Sumatra is one of the last Rainforest Systems on Sumatra, which provides base for healthy populations of Sumatra Orang Utan, Sumatra Tiger, Sumatra Elephant, Sumatra Rhino, as well as many other endangered species on this island.

The park area starts at an altitude of 0m in Kluet and reaches up to 3.404m to the peak of Gunung Leuser, which gave the area its name.

Pristine and untouched rainforests are hosts to an immense Biodiversity of more than 170 mammals, 320 birds and 190 reptiles and amphibians.

7 mayor river systems are floating from the heart of the Leuser Eco System to the east and west coast of Sumatra.

Several volcanoes are bedded within the Bukit Barisan mountains.

Among the 10.000 plant species recorded in the West Indo Malayan Region, appr 45% can be found in this Eco System.

Several eco systems can be found within the parks borders: beach forest, swamp areas, low land rainforest, alpine areas and mountain forest.

Source: www(dot)assets(dot)kompas(dot)com
    Last edited by Lionna; 23-09-2016 at 14:57.

look a nice place, how about the weather there ???
    aku sedang mencari siapa ya

wow a good place to travel
    aku sedang mencari siapa ya

Woooowww that's such a great destination! Thankyou Lionna

The Rainforest Leuser Eco S

Thanks for the help in this question, can, I too can help you something?

Great, that place is looking so beautiful and have so many good things to get fun. Natural beauty is best attraction of that place.

woow.. look nice form up there

I'm quite interest in this area. I'm planning to travel to Indonesia this summer but isn't this the rain season in Indonesia? I mean is it okay to travel here in rain season?